Gas Fireplace - Superior

Old 10-24-05, 02:19 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 31
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gas Fireplace - Superior

We just bought a house with a gas fireplace by Superior. We turn it on and it burns for a few minutes then shuts off. Is this a temp control or is something wrong with the fireplace? Thank you.
Old 10-24-05, 07:00 PM
Grady's Avatar
Forum Topic Moderator
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Delaware, The First State
Posts: 14,401
Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts

Could be either or neither. Depending on the design & installation of the fireplace, it could be shutting itself down on "low oxygen". Unless the fireplace is vented, I strongly urge you not to use it.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: