Lennox Pulse condensate line question

Old 10-28-05, 05:40 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Lennox Pulse condensate line question

My Lennox Pulse is dead again, though I'm pretty sure it's just another condensate-related clog somewhere, as that is all it's ever had wrong with it. I'm enclosing a link to a photo of what I'm talking about since I don't know the correct terminology. It's installed horizontally in my house's crawlspace. Referring to the photo, I've detached the line from the side of the vertical white PVC "pipe". And I've made sure that line is clear. There was evidence of water, though not much came out of the line, so I'm sure the blockage was much further along in the line, which extends almost a forty foot length in my crawlspace. Is there anything else I can detach, and see if there's a blockage somewhere else? In the photo, I've got an arrow pointing to where I can see a couple of screws. Are those holding the bottom of the vertical white PVC "piping" in place? Is it safe for me to remove that? Is that where I'm likely to find a clog of some kind? If not, any suggestions? The furnace was professionally serviced just last week. Thanks for any ideas or advice!

http://atlakesimcoe.com/furnace1.jpg

Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-05, 08:48 PM
What did they do for service?? The system not running started after you had a service done?

I've never seen that type of set up for the drain before.. You could try to undo the screw and sees what happens.

have you own this since day one?? Had the heat exchanger checked with pressure testing for leaks?

Old 10-28-05, 09:06 PM
The furnace wouldn't start at all last week. The technician came in and cleared some blockages, and then it worked fine until yesterday. I've been told that the condensate drain line should slope down to the drain.

I've only had the furnace three and a half years. It's been fine for most of that -- other than more "blockages". It was installed roughly 13 years ago by the previous owners of my home. The homeowner was a licenced hvac guy. It isn't among the recalled Lennox furnaces.

"You could try to undo the screw and sees what happens."
Unless I know for certain that it's safe for me to do any such thing, I think I'll leave that for the technicians! :-) I'm a complete novice in these matters!

Here's another photo of some of the piping, but not sure if it makes things any clearer for you or not. Could take other photos -- but not tonight! Thanks for looking.

http://atlakesimcoe.com/furnace2.jpg