Heat won't come on

Old 10-30-05, 05:53 AM
PK*
Visiting Guest
Heat won't come on

Hi everyone.

I'm very new to all this, currently have a Fedders 080N2D furnace in my condo, the heat worked a few days ago and now refuses to work. I originally thought it was the thermostat but after further investigation and reading these forums I'm not so sure. It's a combined A/C - Heat forced air unit and the A/C works no problem, the fan when set to ON works as well. When I set my heat to hold which allows me to manually set my temps, and put my temp higher than the room temperature nothing happens. I'm not sure if it's the pilot, a part that went down, or just needs a thorough cleaning. Again, I'm very new to all this and not sure where everything is and what everything does (can't find a diagram anywhere on this unit). Any suggestions?

Help is greatly appreciated, I'm willing to take the time to investigate the source of the problem before asking for someone to come and help.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-05, 03:29 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Is this a gas heater? Most newer unit has spark, or HSI to ignite the gas..

I am sure there is a small fan that runs to push the exhaust gas out.. know if this is running?

Old 11-01-05, 09:27 AM
zachja01
Visiting Guest
Heater won't come on

Jay,

I'm having the same problem. My condo is 15 years old and has the original gas furnace with a pilot ignition. The thermostat is new, the pilot is lit, but the furnace won't kick on. The A/C will operate, as will the fan in manual mode.
Could it be a problem with the ignition controls or perhaps the thermocouple?

Old 11-01-05, 02:32 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Zach,

Since you it's a new t-stat, is the switch to "HEAT"?

If yes, then remove the stat, and make sure you got the wire hooked up on W side.. If hooked up, then turn off power and hook up the W and R wire.. that should turn on the burner.