Old 10-30-05, 07:02 AM
mczakaria
Visiting Guest
York Diamond 80 Furnace - No Heat

Hi,
I am having problems with my furnace. Here is the info on my furnace:

Make: York Diamond 80
Model: P3HUA12N06401B

Brief description of problems: When I set the thermostat to AUTO, HEAT and any temperature settings, all I get is AIR BLOWING without HEAT.

What I have done to troubleshoot: If I put the Fan to ON with System to OFF, and wait for 30 seconds, and then turn the System setting to HEAT, only by then I can feel warm air blowing.

Do I have to replace the LIMIT? Main Board? Or is there a simple tweaking that I need to do?

Please help.

Thank you.
Chen Zakaria

Old 10-30-05, 03:35 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
With fan in AUTO, and heat on, is the burner going when you call for heat?

Old 10-31-05, 05:55 AM
mczakaria
Visiting Guest
Yes, with fan in AUTO and heat ON, the burner was on for maybe 5 seconds, and then off. It then repeated itself for maybe three or four times before quit completely. With HEAT and fan ON, the burner will be on at all times.

Thanks.
CZ

Old 10-31-05, 02:18 PM
T
You'll need to go to the furnace and see what it's doing when the T-stat is calling for heat. Do the burners come on? Does the draft inducer come on? When was the last time the the unit was cleaned? You may need to "remove" the T-stat out of the loop by directly connecting the heat wires at the T-stat or at the furnace to see if it's a T-stat problem.

Old 10-31-05, 02:44 PM
on and off for 5 seconds could be a dirty flame sensor (rod at burner furthest from ignitor) or pressure switch. do you have an volt meter? clean the flame sensor with steel wool and let us know

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: