Buzzing exhaust and ignite delay.

Old 10-31-05, 05:30 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Buzzing exhaust and ignite delay.

Back to the well again! Tempstar Model FBF100F14G1 International Comfort Products Corp. 80% forced air, nat. gas. 2 years old.

I get a buzzing noise when exhaust fan kicks on, that stays on until burners turn off. The buzzing is definitely coming from exhaust fan. Also, when the exhaust fan starts, it gives a little hitch when the igniter clicks on. To describe the sequence of events:
Exhaust fan comes on(buzzing), 3-4 seconds later exhaust fan gives a hitch(slows considerably), exhaust fan comes back on, igniter hits, main burners fire, all is well.

If I had to guess I would say the buzzing noise is a bearing within the motor, but the motor spins VERY freely. I checked for loose or vibrating sheet metal. Just cleaned the flame sensor(thanks everyone), but this was doing the buzzing thing before flame sensor probs. The delay thing is new within 2 weeks of cleaning flame sensor. I can supply pics of my furnace if that would help. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Old 10-31-05, 11:50 AM
Could be a motor going bad but could also be something crawled down the chimney or leafs got in there making the noise. If you remove the flue pipe and look down in there with a flashlight you just may see it. But it sounds more like the inducer is going out.

Old 10-31-05, 03:43 PM
C
Is the inducer rebuildable? It looks wide open as far as bearings, winding, and shaft. There is no cover on it. The cheapest one i found so far was $325. I paid $650 for the furnace brand new, 2 yrs. ago.So......? Thanx in advance.

Old 11-02-05, 04:32 PM
C
Anyone know how to rebuild the inducer or repair -vs- replacing?Thanks again!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: