Furnace runs constantly

Old 10-26-05, 09:50 AM
chimanb
Visiting Guest
Furnace runs constantly

My Rheem Criterion II RGPH15(1998) runs constantly. I had transformer checked (good), and installed new T-stat, but when I turn power on it fires up, and doesn't stop ! Hopefully, its' something minor, because now the HVAC guys are busy, and can't get to me for another two weeks!

Thanx,
Chimanb

Old 10-26-05, 12:43 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Make sure you wired up the t-stat right! also make sure you are not shorting wire from W to R.

Old 10-26-05, 10:20 PM
chimanb
Visiting Guest
Question Furnace runs constantly...

I'm sure the wires aren't shorted. Somewhere here someone mentioned a 'Limit switch', but if the T-stat wires are OK, then it must be something else?

Old 10-27-05, 04:21 AM
Is it just the blower that continues to run or do the burners also stay on??

If it's just the blower try giving the side of the furnace a good whack and see if it stops.

Old 10-27-05, 10:30 AM
chimanb
Visiting Guest
Furnace runs constantly..

I pounded both sides of the furnace, but the blower still runs and the burners stay lit also. This furnace doesn't have the 2X4 fan control box on the side. Can it be somewhere on the Control Board?

Last edited by chimanb; 10-27-05 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Incomplete description of problem
Old 10-27-05, 07:34 PM
Ok, undo the t-stat from the sub-base.. see if it stops.. if it stops, then it's the t-stat.

if not, then undo the wires from the sub base. If that stops, then it's the sub-base.

If not, then undo the wire at the furnace.. if it's stops, then there maybe a short in the wire some where in the wall.

Old 10-31-05, 09:58 PM
chimanb
Visiting Guest
Furnace runs constantly..

I had HVAC guy come by to check it out, and he suggested that it was the wiring. I bought new length of T-stat wiring, and it works fine now! Thanx for all your suggestions!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: