Induced Duct Furnace (York)

Old 11-07-05, 06:24 AM
Marcus0717
Visiting Guest
Induced Duct Furnace (York)

I have a York Induced Duct Furnace. When I set the thermostat aboce room temp, the furnace starts its cycle. I can hear the induced duct motor kick on, then the hot surface ignitor starts to glow. Then this is where the problem is, the gas starts to flow, lights, but then goes out after a few seconds. Any ideas on the problem with this. I have cleaned the thermostat and blew some dust off of the burners, but this hasnt helped.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-05, 12:30 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
if you furnace has a metal flame sensor(Metal Rod), that need to be cleaned with care with pad like scotchbrite pad. Don't use sand paper..

If your furnace don't have a flame sensor.. some unit uses the ignitor as a sensor.. that you DO NOT clean.. it may need to be replaced

Old 11-15-05, 02:33 PM
sebring
Visiting Guest
Look on first page of this thread. I just posted a note on the thread that started about 9-22. Title is "gas furnace question" by sebring. It may help as I had a problem that sounds the same. Lon

Old 11-15-05, 03:00 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jay11J
If your furnace don't have a flame sensor.. some unit uses the ignitor as a sensor.. that you DO NOT clean.. it may need to be replaced
They may make a kit for these that has a remote flame sensor the ties into the neutral wire to the hot surface ignitor.

I know when Rheem was using those they had lots of problems with them not sensing a flame and made a kit to adapt in a remote flame sensor.