Hepa air filter - worth the money?

Old 11-07-05, 12:37 PM
vdefrancjr
Visiting Guest
PREMIERONE H.E.P.A.500 filter - worth the money?

Finally made a deceision on a contractor and product. For the most part we will be getting an Amana (90KBTU) 96% 2-stage, var speed furnace and a 14-seer 3-ton A/C. I will most likely be getting the aprilair 600 humidifier as well. House is 2200 sq. ft.

For approx $700 they will also install a PREMIERONE H.E.P.A. 500 air filtration system. Does/Do these systems really work and are they worth the investment? Or are one of the electronic air filters a better choice? Wife has alergies and we do have a dog.

Can anyone tell me how there air improved by having one of these installed?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-05, 06:29 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I honestly not for HEPA filter.. They have to be set up as "by-pass".. so it's not going to get 100% of the air..

You are better off getting a better grade media filter system.. It's going to filter the whole air, and easy to change out.. and cheaper in the long run.

I have the Honeywell F200 on my system and does well for my allegery..

With the variable speed blower, you can run the fan 24/7..

How big is the home?

Also, are they putting in a two stage t-stat?

Old 11-08-05, 06:17 AM
vdefrancjr
Visiting Guest
hi Jay

Yes, they are putting in a 2-stage t-stat. Home is approx 2200 sq. ft. All i have ever run is the standard furnace filter type, but i always use the 3M Filtrate Allergen type. Standard 20x1 size.

Of all the dealers i had out, as would be expected - every dealer said the products they carried are the best. In the reviews i have read, the Hepa and electronic air filter types seem to be the best. You are correct in that this would be a by-pass type filter system.

Honestly i think i will benifit more from the AprilAire then the filter system, but i figure as long as i am doing a complete relocation and upgrade of the HVAC, now would be the time to put in a better air filtration system, just don't know what.

Old 11-08-05, 07:09 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
don'te waste your money on the expense of HEPA system. and don't waste your money or labor needed EAC..

Just got with a media filter like Honeywell or April Air.. April air been a long time. and good results..

FYI, Honeywell Filter are easy to change out where, the April air folds up.. so you need to use the comb to keep it open.. so it's a few extra steps.