Best thermostat?

Old 11-17-05, 08:12 AM
kitten
Visiting Guest
Best thermostat?

I'm currently using Honeywell CT3500 programmable thermostat. But it is too sensitive to the temporature change, which causes the furnace to run too frequently. I want to try other brands. In your opinion, which company's product is best for residential use? Your suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Old 11-17-05, 03:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You may not need to change the t-stat..

You'll have to go into the advance set up to set up your CPH (Cycle per hour) or some older t-stat you need to slect the correct equiment... If you are set at 5, try to bump it up to 3 if you feel it cycles on and off too often.

Old 11-17-05, 09:16 PM
White Rogers

Old 01-21-07, 11:13 AM
N
Smile Newsflash

Kitten.... click this link www.gogeisel.com/geiselonline/support/Honeywell/CT3500_CT3595.pdf
and go to page 12

Go to System Type ( Feature Number 4 )

On the front of your thermostat on the top right....hold down all 3 buttons ( /\ , \/ and i ) simultaneously for about 7-10 seconds and the 1st screen will come up. It will be the Feature Number 4 screen. It will show the fearture number 4 and then the option number ( factory is preset to 6 ). Click the \/ button once and change it to 3...then on the panel under the front door....press the run program button. It Has now changed it from 6 cycles per hour to 3 cycles per hour. 3 is used for Hi Effeciency Furnaces or Hot Water and single stage heat pump. This should stop the furnace from comming on every 10 minutes. I had the same problem and mine works alot better now. Hope this helps.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: