90% furnace condensation line leaking

Old 12-23-05, 09:38 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
90% furnace condensation line leaking

I’m new to this furnace talk so I apologize if I get the terminology wrong. Just moved into a newer home that is 3 years old no one lived in it during that time so this is our first winter. I have a 90% efficient furnace (Aire-Flo) I did a bit of research and understand that these models will have condensate lines?

Well it appears that one of the large rubber lines is leaking a bit when I removed the access panel where the lines are I noticed some standing water in there, it looks to be a small leak where it connects to a white plastic tube that looks like it goes to the drain tube there is no clamp on this line and it is a bit stretched. I would like to replace these lines (some are smaller and there is a tee in there as well) and I would like to put a clamp on everything in there. Are there any precautions I should take when doing this, can I use the standard automotive “worm clamps” or is there something better? thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-05, 05:54 PM
The standard automotive worm clamps work great. In new furnaces, I sometimes install them instead of the clamps sent with the unit. Make sure you dont have one too big. This is a common problem with several makes of furnace.

Old 12-24-05, 04:54 AM
Thanks, I am familiar with a car wasn't too sure about the furnace but I figured the worm clamps would work better, the clamps in the furnace are spring clamps and I usually replace these in the cars I work on as they do not hold too well. Thanks again appreciate the help!

Old 01-09-14, 08:24 AM
Condensation hose/line/tube replacement

Hello,

Similar to the original poster, I noticed some water leaking out of a forced air furnace. Upon looking in the housing, I noticed the black rubber condensation hose/line/tube had a hole in it. The only similar tubing I can find in hardware stores is vinyl and not rubber, will this still work as a replacement for the broken line? I tried a auto parts store thinking a rad hose would work but the walls are too thick.

Thank you for your help

Last edited by jnusel; 01-09-14 at 08:57 AM.