Carrier Infinity frunace system

Old 12-26-05, 05:21 PM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Carrier Infinity frunace system

Yesterday i had my installer firm to replace the powered Carrier FLP hum. to By Pass type Carrier,
My infinity furnace sit on a return box altough the return comes in from left side to filter box and which is attached to furnace and to the box's side i was told is ok, so we could have the big filter 24x20 4 " media.
Ok my question is, it is ok to connect the 6" bypass pipe this way ? down from hum. w/2- 90 degre elbows, also control is conencted that way, each time the furnace calls for heat the solenoid activates the water flow ,even the tstat shows humidity 42-44% [today and yesterday we had warm temp above frezing],i lowered the seting in infin control to 2nd. block and in advanced -manual to 10% and also show that double rectangle in the midle block,.
Pelase let me know.
Before the LFP hum was trough realy in furnace mounted ,now he conected inside the booard ,to same 2 wires.
Is this ok? I post some pics trough this album site ,no password needed look in "Furnace" folder .please look at it.
http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/Albu...32003148&vt=vp
Thanks GY

Old 12-27-05, 04:36 PM
The hook up to the return is fine for the bypass humidifer.

You saying that the humidifer is still comming on when you turn the set point way down?

My personal opinion on the job?

They did a good job overall, I don't like all the foil tape on the seem/joints. They should of used duct culking.

Old 12-27-05, 05:47 PM
G
Angry

Originally Posted by Jay11J
The hook up to the return is fine for the bypass humidifer.

You saying that the humidifer is still comming on when you turn the set point way down?

My personal opinion on the job?

They did a good job overall, I don't like all the foil tape on the seem/joints. They should of used duct culking.
Thansk JAy
All that tape i put most of it on ,yes me ,they didint use caulk,mastic nada,zilch.
Teh hum. is stops if i use hte last 2 blocks setting ,but when frunace starts wehn heat needed the water is flowing trough the clear hose for about 3 minutes ,then it stops, and i have an humiditystat portable i cary around house and it shows way over comfort level 60%. they coming out tomorow.
you say that the bypass pipe goes straight below furnace is alright? i dont think so ,isnt it shall go before the air filter?
Als olook at those 45 degre elbow pics ,weeks ago i wrote here about that , they replace 4- 90 degree elbows, and the 2nd and 3rd elbow is conected togheter isnt shal be a litle straigth duct in between them to smoothe the airflow? thsi was doen for balance the air flow between rear of house and front which was very cold, now is so so ok. It is around 65F in warmer weather liek now , but when is 20F is only 61F.
Thansk GY

Old 12-27-05, 06:28 PM
T
Everything looks pretty good to me. The humidifier should only be on with a call for heat and when the blower is operating. The humidistat will then cycle it on and off as needed.

Old 12-28-05, 07:35 AM
G
Originally Posted by thermofridge
Everything looks pretty good to me. The humidifier should only be on with a call for heat and when the blower is operating. The humidistat will then cycle it on and off as needed.
Today techei came out and will be back tomorow with a diferent orifice, he thinks needs the humidifier that it comes in 4 difr. colors- sizes,will see how that wil perform.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: