Airlock on oil supply

Old 12-31-05, 08:49 AM
vapoureyes
Visiting Guest
Question Airlock on oil supply

I had ran out of oil and got a refill but could not get the burner to fire as it kept locking out.
At the tank there is a stopcock and there is another stopcock in the boiler shed,there is a fire valve between the stopcock and the tigerloop.The oil comes as far as the tigerloop but does not enter the glass bowl.....any ideas

Old 12-31-05, 01:26 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 39 Upvotes on 37 Posts
Ran out of oil

You probalby are going to have to bleed the pump. There should be a fitting which looks like a grease fitting or a brake bleeder for a car. You will need either a 3/8 or 7/16" wrench & a bottle in which to catch the oil. Start the burner, open the bleeder, & quickly put the bottle in place to catch the oil. If the burner locks out before you get oil, quickly close the bleeder.
You really should get on an automatic delivery program with your fuel supplier.

Old 01-01-06, 11:41 AM
vapoureyes
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by Grady
You probalby are going to have to bleed the pump. There should be a fitting which looks like a grease fitting or a brake bleeder for a car. You will need either a 3/8 or 7/16" wrench & a bottle in which to catch the oil. Start the burner, open the bleeder, & quickly put the bottle in place to catch the oil. If the burner locks out before you get oil, quickly close the bleeder.
You really should get on an automatic delivery program with your fuel supplier.
I did try bleeding it as you suggested but still no oil coming through.
Would it be possible that some dirt has got stuck where the oil enters the tigerloop as there is no filter on the line.....Many thank's for your reply.

Old 01-01-06, 12:12 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
You have no filter at all on the line??

I think it would be time to get an Oil service tech out to put a filter in line, clean the pump (maybe replace), and put in a new nozzel. Then give the burner a complet test/reading.

Old 01-01-06, 05:47 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 39 Upvotes on 37 Posts
I agree

The installation of a good filter is a must. I actually prefer two filters, one at the tank & the second as close as practical to the inlet of the Tiger Loop.
I do think it is time to call an oil burner tech to check things out.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: