Lennox getting chilly in Florida....

Old 02-08-06, 09:30 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Lennox getting chilly in Florida....

We have a Lennox G23 Surelight that has never given us any trouble until today, one of our first really cold mornings (cold by Florida standards), which means it was below freezing.

So today, when the thermostat tries to turn the furnace on, the combustion blower turns on for maybe 45 seconds (during which the LED lights are normal), but the gas never ignites, and the blower never turns on. (I think this unit has electronic ignition.) After 45 seconds, the combustion blower turns off, and only then do the LED diagnostic lights indicate that there could be a problem with the pressure switch, inlet or exhaust vents, or, I think, condensate tube (if this model has one). If I lower the thermostat again, the LED lights go back to normal.

Is this some classic problem? And are there steps I could take myself to go down a lis of possible problems and fixes?

With many thanks for everyone's help and advice,

--Ed

Anyhow, do these symptoms

Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-06, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by etbjr69
After 45 seconds, the combustion blower turns off, and only then do the LED diagnostic lights indicate that there could be a problem with the pressure switch, inlet or exhaust vents, or, I think, condensate tube (if this model has one).
Is your condensate pipe at ground level? Is it plugged?
You probably have two pipes. Both must be clear.

After a flow restriction problem, next likely is that the switch went bad.

Can you see the diaphragm close the switch?

How many flashes of the LED? What color is it?

Old 02-09-06, 08:23 AM
Well, this model has two LED lights that both flash quick green under normal operation. After the combustion blower stops, the left light goes off and the right light blinks slow.

I see the pressure switch, but I'm not sure where to look for the diaphragm. Will it be visible from the front?

Thanks, Bolide!

--Ed