Furnace replacement cost

Old 04-28-06, 10:46 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Furnace replacement cost

Just purchased a home that is approximately 53 years old. It is 2100 sq ft, two floors plus basement. House has oil fired forced air system. Furnace needs to be replaced. We would like to add central AC at the same time. I assume duct work is fine and probably just needs cleaning. Can anyone give me a rough idea on the cost of such a system, before I get an actual estimate from a contractor so I have an idea of what to expect.

Old 04-29-06, 05:34 AM
we don't know where you live...how much work is involved..what size equipment...get 3 estimates.

Old 04-29-06, 12:46 PM
S
House is in Massachussetts.
Don't know size of existing equipment.
Would needs be determined by square footage of living space?
Thanks!

Old 04-29-06, 06:03 PM
Replacement cost will VARY from state to state, city to city. So it can be anywhere from $2,000 as hight at $10,000. It's really hard for us to give you a ball park with out knowing what you need and changes that may be needed..

As Tinner said, get 2 or 3 bids and see where you are sitting at. Make sure the deal does a Load Calc! NOT RULE OF THUMB. There are programs out there that they should use for many many BTU of heating and cooling that home needs.

You can go here http://hvaccomputer.com/ and down load the home owner's version for $50, I've used it a couple of times, and it's a great program.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: