Trouble On Oil Furnace

Old 09-22-06, 09:45 PM
N
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Trouble On Oil Furnace

I Have A Clean Burn 3500 Oil Furnace. It Won't Stay Running. I Have To Hit The Reset Button This past Winter Like 5 Times Aweek Yes I Have Had The Smoke And I Burned It Out During The Summer While The Doors Were Open. I Maintance This Furnace And Put It In 5 Years Ago I Cleaned It Every Year Except The Past 2 And Want To Clean It NOW (ITS GETTING ALIL COLD IN THE MORNINGS) I Know Its My Fault. Its Just Winter Comes Too Quick And I Got Other Things I Have Too Do. And I Want To Know How Do I Get Inside To Clean It Out Because Its Full Too The Top. The Lil Round 3in. Door Opening On The Unit Right Next To Well Close To The Reset Button. I Opened It Up The Other Day And Its Full Too The Top. I Poked Trrough It And All The Way Full Off Soot. I Wonder Maybe Thats Why It Did Not Stay Lit For Long And After It Would Shut Down There Still Would Be A Flame Inside Like 10 Mins Later Probably Burning The sootdoor. I Have Put Like A Dozen Of New Tips On It And Cleaned Then To. PLEASE ANYONE I NEED HELP. AND ANY OTHER INFO THAT YOU THINK I NEED TO KNOW. THAT WOULD BE GREAT. THANKS.

Old 09-22-06, 10:21 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

How Do I Get Inside To Clean It Out Because Its Full Too The Top. The Lil Round 3in. Door Opening On The Unit Right Next To Well Close To The Reset Button. I Opened It Up The Other Day And Its Full Too The Top. I Poked Trrough It And All The Way Full Off Soot.

You can start with a vacuum. I think you should call a tech in to look at it.
I Wonder Maybe Thats Why It Did Not Stay Lit For Long And After It Would Shut Down There Still Would Be A Flame Inside Like 10 Mins Later Probably Burning The sootdoor. I Have Put Like A Dozen Of New Tips On It And Cleaned Then To.

I think you dont have the right nozzle and dont have it set right to the cone and dont have the right air on it
Again call a tech to check it out and set it
ED

Old 09-23-06, 06:10 AM
The only Clean Burn furnace I am aware of is a waste oil burner. If yours is a waste oil burner (even if you burn heating oil in it) it is a whole different animal than a conventional oil furnace. You should find a service manual on it and follow the maintenance instructions every year. It may be beneficial to have a tech repair it for you this time because it sounds like it is a mess.

Ken

Old 09-23-06, 12:11 PM
N
yes it is a used oil burner. i own an oil change and i heat with the waste oil. i really want to do it myself. so i am going to go up first thing monday morning and look at it. i like messes. lol

Old 09-23-06, 12:31 PM
I would suggest cleaning everything you can get to and contact the manufacturer for a maintenance manual. It could make it much easier to get the unit back to normal with some info.

Ken

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: