Bryant Plus 90 Water Leak

Old 10-13-06, 03:58 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Bryant Plus 90 Water Leak

We had our first snap of cold weather over the past couple days, so it was time to fire up the heat. Unfortunately, I discovered that the furnace only stayed on for about 20 minutes before shutting off again.

I found a water leak inside of the furnace, and after having read similar posts in these forums, I blew out all of the hoses and it seems that those are clear.

I know that the leak is forming at the bottom of the water collection box. I have 3 photos posted at http://ofws.no-ip.com/furnace/Sites.html

It appears that it is leaking all the way around the space where two parts meet; where the collection box mounts to the larger device (only slightly over my head here... just below it.

Is this something that I could fix myself? A leaky gasket? Can I run a bead of silicon caulk around it to prevent it from leaking? Could this be the reason the furnace would only burn for about 20 minutes?

Thanks in advance!

~Brian

Old 10-13-06, 07:28 PM
It been sooo long I don't recall how those box are put together. I'd say you may have to replace that box or reseal it...

We'll see what the other guys says.

Old 02-28-08, 06:23 PM
M
Originally Posted by bcbrock View Post
We had our first snap of cold weather over the past couple days, so it was time to fire up the heat. Unfortunately, I discovered that the furnace only stayed on for about 20 minutes before shutting off again.

I found a water leak inside of the furnace, and after having read similar posts in these forums, I blew out all of the hoses and it seems that those are clear.

I know that the leak is forming at the bottom of the water collection box. I have 3 photos posted at http://ofws.no-ip.com/furnace/Sites.html

It appears that it is leaking all the way around the space where two parts meet; where the collection box mounts to the larger device (only slightly over my head here... just below it.

Is this something that I could fix myself? A leaky gasket? Can I run a bead of silicon caulk around it to prevent it from leaking? Could this be the reason the furnace would only burn for about 20 minutes?

Thanks in advance!

~Brian

Hey Brian-
Just wanted to say thanks again for the "heads up"
Things are kinda tight this year, little ones-etc-etc...
Last thing I need to replace is a furnace.
Thank You!
Matt

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: