Yukon Ultima ex95

Old 11-02-06, 01:55 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Yukon Ultima ex95

Hi all, Does anyone know where to find the draft motor (Fasco 7121-6226) and the plastic wheel (Tecair) attached to said motor? Can't find a source locally. Thanks John

Old 11-02-06, 05:06 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
Yukon Parts

As far as I know, Yukon is out of business. Finding specialty parts may be a problem. The motor should not be that hard to find but the wheel might be.

Old 11-02-06, 08:02 PM
C
Thanks for the response. Yes, Yukon has been out of business for some time now. Can't find an exact replacement for motor... Fasco substitute needs to be modified. Cannot find anything yet for a wheel. Anybody out there see these to work on? Are they more prevalent in certain parts of the country? Any NOS parts out there? Any junk Yukons laying around? Thanks John

Old 11-03-06, 05:27 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
Yukon

I think they were bought out, but by whom, I don't remember.

Old 11-05-06, 06:53 AM
A
Question fasco #7121-6226

I have the same problem -- A Yukon Magnum 99 Condensing oil furnace -- I need amotor also but I don't mind having to alter it -- could you give me the Fasco replacement # so I can put my furnace back in service? Thanks

Old 11-06-06, 09:07 AM
C
If the motor is the same as mine Fasco 7121-6226....I was sent a 7121-1695 model D208 as a listed replacement. I can modify to fit however the diameter of the shaft is to small for the plastic wheel (paddle style) to fit on. Have been unable to find a suitable wheel to go with new motor. Now the old motor still works, the problem was the old wheel wore down the shaft (and wore out the center hole in the wheel) so that my only new wheel that I have had for years would not fit. I went and used some JB weld to repair the shaft on the old motor (filled and sanded to original shape) and my last wheel I have fit perfectly. Furnace is fixed (crossed fingers) I have since located the manufacturer ot the wheel ...Tec-Air in Illinois, google it and include the hyphen, you won't find them otherwise. They have told me that they can make a replacement wheel (you send them the old one) for $35 ...pricey I know but what are you going to do. I need to call them back and see if they can make one to the new motors shaft diameter in case the motor does finally quit... I have two of these furnaces

Old 11-06-06, 09:14 AM
C
The mods you might have to do are to cut two threaded extensions on both sides of motor. It comes with four and in my case I only needed two on both sides. Also cut the shaft to your required length... I talked to Fasco about this and they clued me into that....they don't make a 7121-6226 any more. Still, the show stopper is the shaft diameter and no wheel to fit. Unless Tec-air can make something up, intend to folow up on that project soon John

Old 11-10-06, 06:13 PM
A
Yukon motor

Thanks -- I'll get one & hope to get ready for cold weather -- this furnace is really a fuel saver! Thanks again for the info.

Old 12-27-06, 10:13 AM
R
Yukon EX-95 FASCO motor

Here's a tip about the motor. If you can keep the old FASCO 7121-6226 motor from rusting the plate that attaches to the furnace, you're set. I recommend getting the scale off the old motor plate and then painting this plate with some kind of epoxy paint so the condensate acid doesn't eat the metal. Using some sort of grommet to reduce the diameter of the hole that sticks into the lower heat exchanger would help too (keep the acid fumes from getting out), but I haven't found one yet. I'll try to get another plastic paddle wheel from TecAir. I intend to get several of them since there is really nothing else wrong with the furnace and no other parts that I can't get. I know $35 is a bit pricey. Depending on what I find, maybe I can get a quantity discount (since everyone has the same problem). I'll let you know after the holidays after I talk to TecAir.

Old 02-08-07, 04:43 AM
C
They are still in business under the name of Alpha American. They will substitute the motor with a Dayton brand that is correct for the unit and they still have a few of the plastic fans in stock as of 2/8/07. Here is the website:
http://www.yukon-eagle.com/

Old 02-20-07, 01:48 PM
C
Hey, thanks for the link! You are right they have replacement motors and wheels ($21 for a wheel) . That's about all though... but it's nice to find the remnants of the original Yukon oil furnances. Thanks again John

Old 03-06-09, 08:57 AM
P
draft fan for Yukon ex95

I was also able to get the plastic wheel by calling Yukon-Eagle at 1-800-358-0060, ask for Lisa. They are now $24 and it did not sound like they had many left. They do not have motors.

I plan to replace the entire furance at the end of the season. Is anyone interested in any of the parts? Draft motor, Wayne burner, Honeywell controller, and main fan are all in good shape. I will sell the entire unit for BO or the piece parts.

Old 05-22-09, 08:51 AM
L
Entire Furnace or Parts for Yukon EX 95

Originally Posted by pquigley
I was also able to get the plastic wheel by calling Yukon-Eagle at 1-800-358-0060, ask for Lisa. They are now $24 and it did not sound like they had many left. They do not have motors.

I plan to replace the entire furance at the end of the season. Is anyone interested in any of the parts? Draft motor, Wayne burner, Honeywell controller, and main fan are all in good shape. I will sell the entire unit for BO or the piece parts.
Have you had any sucess selling the Yukon furnace and/or parts? I am also planning to replace my Yukon due to a cracked main heat exchanger. Let me know asap thanks, Gary. can email me direct if you like. P.S. If you have sold yours and know of anybody who would be interested in mine please direct them to me. Thanks

Last edited by Grady; 05-22-09 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Removed e-mail address

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: