New fan limit control. How do I check if I need to remove jumper?

Old 11-14-06, 01:15 PM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
New fan limit control. How do I check if I need to remove jumper?

My problem is the blower won't stop running. I've replaced the relay and it doesn't fix the problem so with the help of Ed from the other board who suggested that the fan limit control might be bad, so I bought a new fan limit control but I have no idea if I need to remove the jumper for low circuit or not. I looked at the old one and tried to compared with the new one and still couldn't figured out if the jumper was removed or not since the old one still has the jumper partially intact but there a gap on top so the two sides are not bridged together.

My heat is controlled by thermostat by switching to heat. Before that the fan will come on and off with the furnace but now it won't stop.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Old 11-14-06, 03:35 PM
If there are 3 wires on the control you need the jumper. If there are 4 wires on the control you probably do NOT need the jumper. There are exceptions but you did not give much information to go on.

Ken

Old 11-15-06, 04:44 PM
K
More info

There're 4 wires going into the limit control. Here's more info on my unit
Brand:Arcoaire
Model: GUF075A012-N

Unfortunately there's no wiring diagram of the furnace.
Here're terminals at front of blower listed in order

C W1 R Y G

The wiring for my fan limit control looks like as seen in this pic on this link in terms of wire sizes and locations, except that mine doesn't have small yellow wire for heat.

http://arnoldservice.com/fan_limit_control_with_text.jpg

Also any tips for disconnecting the wires from terminals. I tried to pull them off while pressing the screw driver into a slot but they wouldn't budge.

Appreicate any help. Thank you in advance.

Old 11-15-06, 04:53 PM
K
Sorry, upon closer inspection of the fan contral in that picture, looks like it has 3 wires and 2 wires for heat. I maybe wrong so please disregard the pic. Basically my fan control has 4 big wires that go into 2 terminals on top and 2 terminals at the bottom.

Old 11-15-06, 05:40 PM
M
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
kfield had it.....Is this a L4064 Honeywell. I assume yes.. look at the 2 wires on the limit side and check if they go to the low voltage controls, if yes remove jumper

Old 11-15-06, 07:28 PM
K
Yes, it's L4064 model. Is limit side the right side? Also where are the low control voltage controls? Did you mean the terminals where wiring from thermostat are connected. Sorry I really have no clue about this but I believe I can do it if I know exactly what to do.

Old 11-16-06, 05:17 AM
The limit side will be marked 'Limit". You can also trace the wires. Either side can be low voltage. You just need to follow the wires and keep the burner wires on the limit side and the fan wires on the fan side. If you don't pull the jumper, you will probably damage some low voltage parts. To remove the wires from the terminals you need to insert a small screwdriver in the hole next to the one that holds the wire and push in on the screwdriver and the wire at the same time. When you feel it release, hold the screwdriver and pull the wire out. If you cut the wire, you will probably have a hard time re-using it because the end is tinned to make it stiff enough to work with the push-in terminals.

Ken

Old 11-16-06, 10:53 AM
R
Resources that could help

Check out the resources from REMOVED LINKS.

Last edited by mattison; 11-16-06 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Directing users to outside forums for help is not allowed.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: