pilot light won't stay lit

Old 11-18-06, 12:19 AM
A
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pilot light won't stay lit

pls help,,i had the THERMOCOUPLE replaced on 2004 it was working fined,,but on 2005 it was hard to start the pilot light (followed all the proper procedure) but thank god i got it stay lit, know this year 2006 it won't stay lit,so i replaced the thermocouple still not working (the pilot light will stay lit as long i'm holding the knob but when i let go KA-PUP fire go out to)
PLS. send advice if something i can do OR do i have to call you know WHO!!!
thank you!

Old 11-18-06, 03:17 AM
K
Clean the pilot. Change the orfice. It that don't do it its the gas valve. Its 20yrs old. Might concider a new unit.

Old 11-18-06, 12:36 PM
H
In addition to what krankyoleman suggests, make should the top third of the thermocouple is in the pilot flame. If it's not, it may need repositioning.

Old 11-18-06, 12:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

Dont forget to clean the pilot when you are at it. The main thing is to clean the pilot venturi.

Old 01-13-07, 11:54 AM
A
Post Pilot won't stay lit

Originally Posted by alphatangobravo View Post
pls help,,i had the THERMOCOUPLE replaced on 2004 it was working fined,,but on 2005 it was hard to start the pilot light (followed all the proper procedure) but thank god i got it stay lit, know this year 2006 it won't stay lit,so i replaced the thermocouple still not working (the pilot light will stay lit as long i'm holding the knob but when i let go KA-PUP fire go out to)
PLS. send advice if something i can do OR do i have to call you know WHO!!!
thank you!
I'm new to this site and not quite sure how to use it. I'm having the same problem with my gas furnace. I can light the pilot but when I release the dial the pilot goes out. Alphatangobravo, you mentioned that you replaced the thermocoupler. Was this done to correct the "pilot not staying lit" problem?
Anyway, I'm wondering if you've been able to resolve your problem and whether you might be willing to share the solution with me. ??? AzDan

Old 01-13-07, 12:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

AzDan The first thing to do if you have a standing pilot. is to make sure that the pilpot light is clean and has a good flame. Then get a new thermocouple or called the T/C Take the old one with you so that you get the right one to fit your furnace. Most come as a kit now so make sure you get the right length.
It is better to start your own post and stay in the same post .Till you find out what you want to know.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: