Tempstar 9000 Furnace (LP)

Old 11-24-06, 05:02 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Tempstar 9000 Furnace (LP)

I am having a problem with my furnace. It is about 10 yrs old. It is a model # NULS075BG4. Recently, there is a small positive pressure occuring in the firebox like a small burst. It occurs within the first 15 to 20 seconds after the furnace ignites. It does not appear to be gas related as there is no flame out when the cover is off. The intake and exhaust pipes are free of obstructions. If there are any HVAC guys out there that this sounds familiar to, please email me at xxxxxxxxx.

Last edited by Grady; 11-24-06 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Edited to prvent spam from flooding your e-mail.
Old 11-24-06, 06:24 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
Tempstar 9000

If both pipes were clean, the heat exchanger isn't sooted as sometimes happens with LP. This could be one of the furnaces Tempstar has had problems with in the heat exchanger. I suggest you call a Tempstar dealer to completely inspect the heat exchanger. It should still be under warranty. If there is a defect, Tempstar will supply a new heat exchanger but you would be responsible for the labor. Often they will give you a substantial allowance toward a new furnace. This option is often cheaper than replacing the heat exchanger.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: