Nozzle to cone spacing on Beckett AFG

Old 12-04-06, 12:34 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Red face Nozzle to cone spacing on Beckett AFG

Hello.

I had my boiler( an old valiant bioler with a Beckett AFG burner on it) recently serviced and it was running great. A few days back the blower oil pump coupling broke and I had to take it apart to replace that simple part. Now the burner is running rough and burning dirty. I had a a lot of wierd black foam stuff in the chamber.
I am not sure what I could have changed by taking it apart, except for the nozzle/ electrode placement to get the oil pump off.
I think the spacing between the nozzle and the cone is off. What is the proper setting?
Any other thoughts? I hate to pay the technician to come back for a small adjustment I could do myself.

Thanks
James

Old 12-04-06, 06:54 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
Spacing

The dimension to which you are refering is called the "Z" dimension. If you remove the burner, place a straight edge across the face of the end cone, & set the face of the nozzle back 1 1/8" from the straight edge. NOTE: If the end cone is one of the double layer types such as F0-H or F3-H or has a ceramic insulating ring, increase that setting to 1 1/4".

Old 12-05-06, 04:39 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Some of those Vaillant models used an L head on a Beckett AGF. This may sound weird but if you look closely at the slide plate where the nozzle assembly comes through the side of the burner, you will probably see where the screw marked the plate when it was installed originally. Otherwise you will need to get manufacturers data from the manual. Hopefully you have the original documentation.

Ken

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: