Bryant 395CAV Gas furnace, no heat, blower on.

Old 01-01-07, 02:17 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Bryant 395CAV Gas furnace, no heat, blower on.

I have a 9 year old Bryant gas furnace (model 395CAV....) that's been acting up the last couple of days. It's not answering for calls for heat from the thermostat and it's blinking a code 33. Ever since we bought this house almost a year ago, the blower has not shut off unless I shut off the power manually at the switch near the unit. This system does have an air conditioner installed, but not a heat pump. The T-stat is a Robertshaw magnetic model CM-260.

Thanks!

Christopher

Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-07, 08:57 PM
C
A technician came out from one of the local hvac companies under my extended service plan we got when we bought the house. He found a jumper wire on the control board was leaving the fan on constantly and removed the jumper. The fan now goes off approximately 90 seconds after the thermostat is satisfied per the setting on the control board. He found an iffy HSI (Hot Surface Ignitor) and replaced that. The code 33 was caused by blocked evaporator coils overheating the heat exchanger and causing the limit to trip. He cleaned off quite a bit of the garbage left by the previousowner and now the system is heating the house again. We also have the additional advantage of the fan not running constantly. Tomorrow I get the job of cleaning the ducts for the cold air returns with my trusty shop vac.

He also mentioned that the thermostat that was originally installed with the furnace nine years ago was probably not the correct one for the unit and that's why the fan motor was jumpered. He suggests I replace it with a new
Honeywell digital.

Thanks Guys!

Christopher

Old 05-29-09, 09:18 AM
J
Problem with Bryant 395CAV - won't ignite / blower runs constantly

We noticed the blower had been running for awhile. Then suddenly the furnace stopped producing heat. I checked it out and the induction fan wasnt running and the burners won't ignite. Any suggestions?

Old 05-29-09, 11:21 AM
D
Usually in heat when the blower runs constantly it means a limit control has tripped or is faulty. What happens if you shut the power off to the furnace for a few minutes then turn it back on? Are you seeing any codes?