glow plug not working

Old 01-05-07, 04:20 AM
T
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
glow plug not working

have a goodman furnace 10 years old the small fan comes on but the hot surface ingnitor does not come on to light the gas is it in the main terminal board in the past the transformer has burned out i replaced that but it does not work this time

Old 01-05-07, 06:14 AM
You know if the ignitor board is getting 24 volts back to it from like the pressure switche(s) and/or roll out safety?

Do you have a meter to check this out, and also seeing if you are getting power to the ignitor?

Old 01-05-07, 10:22 AM
G
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have a 10 year old Goodman/Janitrol. The original HSI lasted almost ten years. The first replacement lasted one month and the current one is still working after three months.
If you can get ahold of a volt meter, set it for 120 volts A.C. Disconnect the HSI and hook the meter to the connector end coming from the terminal board. After the vent fan has run for about 17 seconds, you should see 120 volts at the connector. If you see this voltage, the HSI is shot. You can also set the meter to measure ohms and check the HSI. It will show no resistance if the HSI is bad.
Replacement part is about $40 plus labor - yours or theirs. It's easy to replace, but it is fragile so be careful. Also, do not touch the heating part with your fingers. Body oils create a hot spot and it will burn out quickly.

Old 01-05-07, 06:44 PM
T
I checked afew things the blue vacuum switch has 24v and when I hold the safety switch in the hsi wire going to the board has 24v the rest of the sensors have nothing .the hsi tests to be closed

Old 01-05-07, 07:50 PM
T
is the integrated His module the same as the terminal board the parts book lists them with different numbers

Old 01-07-07, 04:20 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
Hsi

Before buying a new board, check to see if you are getting 120v to the ignitor. I've had them test "closed" & still failed to heat. HSI's are a common problem with Goodman. I replace more ignitors on Goodman furnaces than everything else combined.

Old 01-13-07, 06:10 AM
T
It was the board thanks for your help

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: