Furnace vacuum tube clogs

Old 01-08-07, 05:04 AM
J
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Furnace vacuum tube clogs

Hi,
I have a "Dependable 92" furnace, and there is a black vacuum tube, about 8 inches in length, that gets clogged every now and then (once a week or so) with condensation. The entire furnace stops working.
I have to take the cover off, take the tube off, shake the water out, then put it back in and the furnace kicks on and works fine.
Has anyone ever heard of this - and is there a way to fix it????
Thanks,
Jon

Old 01-08-07, 04:15 PM
K
Is it a 90% ? Is it vaccuim side of the switch or the atmasphere side? Theres got to be a better way to say that. If its the vaccuim side try raising top thhe hose higher so the water drains back into the collecter. Other side does the hose come out of the bottem of the fire box? If its an 80% furnace. What kind of flue do you have?

Old 01-12-07, 04:47 AM
J
I think it's a 92% high efficiency furnace.
I don't know if it's the vacuum side or the atmasphere side. I don't even know what that means! There is no collecter off this vacuum hose - it's just a hose. Should it have some kind of collecter off of it?
That's all I know - sorry. I don't know furnace stuff at all.
Jon

Old 01-12-07, 06:05 PM
K
I'm sorry I'm using terms that could be taking a couple differant ways. 90% the flue goes out in pvc. Does the tube that clogs up go to a sealed in box where the burners are?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: