HB Smith Boiler/Furnace no contractors that do the work

Old 01-10-07, 09:38 AM
A
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HB Smith Boiler/Furnace no contractors that do the work

i tried to call everyone about this problem with my AF beckett burner, apparently no one is working/or home. after fixing the fuel flow/pump issue my furnace won't start. I thought i remember the last repair guy i lucked up on (two years ago) reset something on my burner when my low water cutoff system kick my system off (by the way he charged me $195 for that).
Does anyone know what i can do first to see why its not lighting?

Old 01-11-07, 07:15 PM
A
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All Alone In Here!!!!!!

So I finally had someone help me, an experienced up and coming contractor. So for all those out there who was viewing my posts here is the end to the means. I cleaned out my AF.... fuel pump for my beckett burner (I had a two pipe system at the time) because the fuel had stopped flowing from the pump to the nozzle assembly. So after i went through it and cleaned it out it started flowing again but it wasn't producing the 100psi that it should of. I found this out by getting the help I was looking for. But because of my inexperience with this line of work i don't have the equipment (that will change). Thus the oil spraying into the chamber (from the pump to the nozzel assy., wasn't shooting at the force needed to set the spark from the transformer to the electrodes in to a flame. So while i was thinking that i had a transformer problem which can be checked (laying a well insulated screwdriver across the two extended (spring) coils, WARNING i didn't want to do this so i waited till the guy got here) or i had a thermostat problem which can be checked as well, it turned out to be neither. So now i have a new Danfoss pump which now i have a one pipe system my return pipe has been plugged I hear this will give my pump a longer life. So this i my story and until hopefully NEVER. I will see you guys next time.

OOOOH before i forget while i was cleaning out that old pump and then tryin to start my furnace again what seemed like gallons of oil was sprayed in my chamber. This happens when you reset your system as well(so people warn not to do it more the twice). Well while i was worried about this i didn't know how to get rid of all the fuel that was there. But i found out that all i had to do was lite a piece of paper towel and stuff it in there before you start the furnace again fortunately my system didn't start the last two times because that would have scared the living out of the dead.........

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: