Beckett Cleancut

Old 01-11-07, 08:36 AM
T
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beckett Cleancut

Last year my oil service co with which I have a maintenance contract installed a new Beckett AFG with CleanCut pump. Two months later the burner failed to start and they replaced the original Beckett control with a Honeywell 8184p.

In reading the literature that came with the burner it states that a primary control that provides a prepurge delay before firing is required. Based upon what I read the 8184p does not provide the output for such a delay.

It looks to me as though I have the wrong primary control on that burner. Anyone know the warranty on Beckett equipment as it would apply to controls? Thanks.

Old 01-11-07, 10:01 AM
H
The Beckett parts are warenteed for 5 years. The R8184P does have the reqiured pre-purge for the Clencut pump it does not however have interupted ignition. The vast majority of primary controls are replaced for the wrong reason, the 8184 controls can mask problems that the 7184 controls find, such as suction line leaks.

Last edited by Hello; 01-11-07 at 10:07 AM. Reason: mistake in description
Old 01-13-07, 10:05 AM
T
Thanks for the reply. I thought that the R8184P that I quoted initially looked wrong.

Correction: The Primary control replacement that was installed was a 8184G.

Old 01-13-07, 10:44 AM
H
That would be the wrong control

Old 01-13-07, 11:27 AM
T
Thanks again.

I've been tempted to start doing all my own heating sys maintainance again.

This wrong control has probably cost me some money in lost burner efficiency and boiler efficiency from soot. That said, it's nice to have technical and parts backup from a pro if it goes out on a zero degree weekend.

I'm familiar enough to ask questions with oil burners, and I've replaced my old oil burner with a newer retention burner at a previous house, and own a complete old style Fyrite Bacharach burner gauge set with smoke, stack temp. CO2 etc. The other problem is my boiler has many more considerations than the furnace I had previously.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: