Goodman Furnace burner problem

Old 01-13-07, 07:09 AM
E
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Goodman Furnace burner problem

I have a Goodman gas furnace. Everything starts just fine. Once the main burners ignite, the flame on one burner will go out, then another will get real small and go out finally the burner with the flame detector goes out then it shuts down.

It appears that there is not enough gas to keep the burners burning, but when it first lights there seems to be plenty of presure.

What do I need to look for??

Old 01-13-07, 03:01 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
Goodman

It sounds like you have a gas problem. I could be gas valve but more likely a problem with the regulator. Without a manometer to check gas pressure, you are going to have to call someone to check it. Do you have natural or LP gas?

Old 01-13-07, 04:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

Im with Grady if you have LP check and see if snow or ice has blocked out the vent hole on the regulator out side at the tank or the home

Old 01-13-07, 07:43 PM
E
Goodman Furnace Problem

The furnace is natural gas. I recently had to change out the gas valve. I read another post that indicated maybe the burner jets were misaligned or something like that, so I adjusted the burners and it changed things enough that all of the burners ignite and stay lit, however, the air seems cool when it comes out of the registers and the temperature in the house is not going up very fast at all.

I have a 3/8" flexible stainless steel supply line going to the furnace, could this be a problem?

Electrical work is much easier than heat and air. This is driving me nuts.

Last edited by Electrician; 01-13-07 at 08:02 PM.
Old 01-13-07, 09:08 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
Gas Problem

After working on the air adjustment you need to get a pro in there ASAP. You could be producing huge amounts of CO.

Old 01-14-07, 10:27 AM
J
Also.............. A 3/8" flex is too small. That size is only good for something like 20 to 40 thousand btu's (depending on length). OK for a water heater if length is short.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: