Carrier Furnace Model #580xc06066

Old 01-14-07, 03:14 PM
H
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Carrier Furnace Model #580xc06066

I Don't Know If I'm Getting Ripped Off By The Heating & Air Company I Use But, We Had An Electrical Wire Burning Smell And Called The Repairman On Last Friday.
On 10\10\06 They Replaced Furnace Motor $700,
1\12\07 Now They Say The Blower Motor Is Supposedly Going Out (estimate $400-$500).
I Paid $139 Just To Have The Tech Hit The Reset Switch On The Blower. Funny, After I Told Him We'd Use Our Back Up Heat He Unclamped His Tester And The Blower Motor Stopped Working Again.
When He Left I Went Out To The Furnace And Tightened Every Screw That I Saw Him Work On And Hit The Reset Switch And The Blower And Furnace Came On.
About 12:30 Last Night The Same Burning Wire Smell And The Blower Stopped Working.
Every Visit He Says The Furnace Is Old And Needs To Be Replaced.
I Have Had 2 Home Inspections In The Last 3 Years And They Told Me That This Furnace Is In Good Shape And Should Last A Long Time.

What I Don't Understand Is How Is The Blower Needing Repair When It Works For Hours? Is It Possible That A Wire Is Loose Somewhere When They Replaced The Motor? I Have Never Had Problems With This Blower. AND IT'S WORKING AS I TYPE THIS.
Thank You

Old 01-14-07, 03:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

You can have a lot of ifs here. you have covered a lot of them. Id ask what is the power to the blower 110V is it there ???? Did they put a new capacitor in with the new motor. Are do you need one now???? what is the AMP draw on the motor when it runs??? Is the blower wheel clean , the AC coil clean , the air filter clean????? How old is the furnace ???Dose it have a board in it. How old is the furnace? Did they put the same Hp and rpm motor in .

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: