Yukon Ultima ex95 ignition problem

Old 01-14-07, 10:24 PM
U
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yukon Ultima ex95 ignition problem

I have a Yukon Ultima ex95 oil furnace that I installed new in 1984 and have been servicing myself. With normal cleaning and tune ups and attention to draft motor/wheel glitches it has performed well through the years. Recently it has developed a new problem. After start-up, the Primary Control (Honeywell R8184GK) will repeatedly trip on and off, causing the furnace to soot and shut down. I tested the control with the cad cell disconnected and the burner started. When I jumped the two F terminals on the primary control the burner did not fire as it was supposed to, but it did fire immediately when I removed the jump ( exactly the opposite of the troubleshooting instructions). It ran for a while and then shut down on its own. During this procedure it did not trip as it had when showing problems. I tested the cad cell on an ohm meter and it looked OK, but when I reconnected the cad cell to the primary control and switched the furnace on, it fired and began to trip the primary control again. I suspect that the primary control is bad. Am I barking up the wrong tree? What else could be the problem? Any help would be much appreciated.

Old 01-15-07, 04:21 PM
U
Never mind!

I replaced the primary control today and the furnace runs great.

Old 01-23-07, 04:11 AM
C
Ultimaoil,

I also have aan EX95 that needs a new blower motor. I was told that you can't parts for this unit any longer because the company is out of business. Do you know of a source for parts, particulary the blower motor?

Old 01-23-07, 05:29 AM
If you pull the blower motor and remove it from the housing and wheel and take just the motor to any electric motor shop or maybe even a Johnstone or Grainger I'm sure they can hook you up with a new one.

Old 02-08-07, 05:32 AM
C
Low and behold, Yukon is not actually out of business. They now operate under the name of Alpha American. Although they no longer make these furnaces they still have a few parts available. I was able to get a replacement motor (not an exact replacement of the original Fasco, but a Dayton) and the plastic fan. If anyone else needs assistance here is their web site:
http://www.yukon-eagle.com/

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: