Vent Help

Old 01-15-07, 11:22 AM
S
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vent Help

I won this heater from E-bay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=005&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=150078853999&rd=1&rd=1

I want to have as much ready as possible befor i pick it up, my question is the exaust vent. I do not know if it is a power vent or not. I really want to just run it out the wall to my side yard. I have not picked it up yet, Friday i am picking it up and sat. Will be the install. I just want to get most of what i need now.

also, my dad says you can not re-use the black pipe, is this true? I was hoping to use some of it that is coming with it.

And do you think I got a good deal? hope so. I should have researched a little more, but the little i did says it is a good deal and perfect for my size garage.

Old 01-15-07, 03:14 PM
This is not a powered vent unit.. it MUST go up the roof in a B-Vent Pipe. I am going to say you are going to need a 6" B-vent.

You can reuse the gas pipe as long it's clean and solid.

I think the price wasn't too bad. A new one is about $400 or so.

Old 01-16-07, 07:23 AM
S
Thanks for the info. My next question is since I have an attached garage and a two story house do i have to go past the second story roof? Or can I just go out the top of the garage?

Old 01-16-07, 03:06 PM
You can try it lower just as long it's above the garage's roof peek. if you notice back draft, then will have to go higher.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: