gas condensing boilers and hydroair systems

Old 01-18-07, 09:13 PM
K
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb gas condensing boilers and hydroair systems

We are in the planning process of replacing our older weil oil fired boiler.Our heating system consists of three seperate airhandlers to heat our 3500sq ft home.Our heating contractor has suggested that we consider using either the Buderus GB142-45, or the Munchkin 140M.In my research I have found these units mentioned often enough, but they always appear to be used in a radiant heat system. Are these units appropriate for use with hydroair systems? If not are there any suggestions to which units are. Because of NYS's furball over oil tanks this is why we are considering converting to gas(lp).

Old 01-20-07, 08:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just did a job with the Buderus wall hung. It's an expensive unit, but worth it. The munchkin is nearly identical to the Peerless Pinnacle except for the modulating controls, and both seem to have lightoff problems when converted to LP. I found none of that with the Buderus. I also used the outdoor setback control.
The home has 3 radiant loops, an indirect WH, and a Zoned Hydro unit with Heat pump. Getting it all piped, wired and running was enough to buy tylenol in bulk, but I'm pleased with the results.

Note that both options are low mass boilers and heat up super quick. They're like giant instahots.

Old 01-22-07, 08:11 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
Lp

You would likely be better off to buy a Roth oil tank. If LP prices there are anything like here, the propane is going to eat you for lunch.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: