Payne PG8MAA Cold In Michigan...

Old 01-20-07, 07:24 AM
E
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Payne PG8MAA Cold In Michigan...

Hello all. To make a long story short, I woke up this morning to find the temp @ 67. I found the furnace running, but only cold air coming out of the vents. I've messed around with the furnace for ever an hour resetting etc., hunted the net for 1.5 hours, called numbers for 1 hour... and now here I am. The LED keeps flashing 3 times fast, then 3 times slow. I also observed a 1 time fast, then 3 times slow. This units about 1.5 years old. Please help... With oven on it's now 64... Cold in Detroit!!!

Reading the back of the furnace cover tells me that the error code 33 is for "Limit Circut Fault" either 1) Draft Safeguard, 2) Flame Rollout or 3) Blocked Vents Switch. The filter was EXTREMELY dirty, but fault code doesn't reset with power interupt. It was also stated that the code 13 was "Limit Circit Lockout". I can't find any of these SWITCHES... Please help.

Last edited by e_stroud; 01-20-07 at 07:47 AM. Reason: Additional information
Old 01-20-07, 12:55 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
Limit switch

Most limit switches, of the manual reset type, have a small (usually red) button in the center. If you can find any such buttons, push them. If they click, that limit was open & the furnace should now run. If the furnace has the blower at the top, there should be such a switch in the blower compartment.

Old 01-20-07, 07:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Most newer gas furnaces use a main limit that looks like a small card held in place with 2 screws. The main limit resets automatically unless it is stuck open. There are also burner rollout switches that are located on the burner box, vent spill switches like Grady describes. Also many furnaces have limit switches in the blower compartment. Most will look like a small disc (size of a dime?) with two wires connected.
My bet is with a manual reset spill switch.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: