Honeywell T882A replacement

Old 01-20-07, 01:04 PM
G
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Honeywell T882A replacement

Hi all!
I had the Honeywell T882A thermostat and I want to replace with the Honeywell visionPRO 8000 "TH8320U1008". I checked my old thermostat is had 4 wires.
_1 is Black and 1 is Blue is for the Clock "NO letter marked on panel"
_1 Red is for R. "marked on panel"
_1 White is for W. "marked on panel"
I look at the Honeywell website for the model visionPRO 8000 is did not shown much for DIY installation. I could hook up wire Red to R and White to W and that is but I want to use the Battery just for Power backup the clock.
Which terminal for the original for the Clock "Black and Blue wire" I have to connect?
Thank you all,
GP0023

Old 01-20-07, 05:28 PM
I would go back to the furnace and see where the black and blue wire goes to.

Do you have A/C?

I am guesing here till you look, that the blue wire is common.

So,post back when you look.

Old 01-20-07, 05:50 PM
Most times the power for the clock came from a second transformer mounted near the furnace or boiler. It was unusual to see the clock power tapped off of the control transformer. I would suggest not using the black or blue until you know where they go and if possible, ignore the black forever and connect the blue to the 24 volt common terminal of your present heating equipment.

Ken

Old 01-20-07, 05:51 PM
G
Smile

The Black and Blue wire is for the Clock. I think the Black wire is C and the Blue is C1. I don't have A/C. I look at the furnace and did not see the wires for Black or Blue.
I connected the RED wire to R and the WHITE wire W and function checked the Furnace is working. I send an email to Honeywell and wait for them reply,
may be sometime on Monday.
Thanks for your help Jay11J,

Old 01-20-07, 06:26 PM
If you look around the boiler/furnace, you may see a transformer mounted on an electrical box. That would be the source of power for the clock. As I said earlier, you should not use those wires if they are connected to another transformer. You can extend them and possibly connect one to the 24 volt common of the control transformer for your equipment. I don't know if it is worth the trouble because the only thing you lose is the ability to have the backlight on all the time. The batteries are not optional if you do not have the common wire connected but that is a small price to pay. That is a great thermostat.

Ken

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: