Bad Propane? No heat, only manually

Old 01-20-07, 05:41 PM
N
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bad Propane? No heat, only manually

Here is the sceniero for the last 2 weeks. First, No hot water, changed heating element. Now have hot water. Two days later no water, changed heat cable and re-wrapped pipe, now have water. But because I didn't want pipes to freeze in home. I cranked the heat up. Furnace worked great, but really drained the propane tank down to 17%. Gas people came out and filled tank to 80%. Now the furnace won't kick on, unless it is turned off then back to heat. It worked perfect until the tank was filled. Could the propane have something to do with it? Our thermostat is a Evcon 7670-368/R, and it is level. I can't find anything like a manual on how to check this thermostat out. I can read schmatics, and do understand manuals. Any help would be great and yes it is in a double wide home. Got up this morning to 50 degrees F inside, outside is -5 degrees F. Wake up freezing. Could there be air in the line? This is my second tank full. 400 gal. tank.

Old 01-20-07, 07:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You may have a problem with your tstat. When you say it won't kick on, do you mean it does nothing, or that it tries to start but fails?

Old 01-20-07, 07:55 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
Turning off

By turning the thermostat off then back on, you are resetting the control on the furnace. Before doing it again, look at the furnace for a blinking light (usually red). Most of these controls will flash a code & the key to that code should be on the control or blower compartment door (maybe inside). I suspect you are getting ignition failure. Frequently the furnace will light but not prove flame. In other words, the control does not realize the furnace actually lit. There is often a small rod on the opposite end of the burner rack which sticks into the flame. This rod is partially covered with porcelain. You can try removing it & clean the part which goes into the flame with scotch brite or very fine steel wool.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: