Electronic Thermostat

Old 01-24-07, 08:25 AM
A
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Electronic Thermostat

I have an older baseboard Oil heating system that has 2 zones, Upstairs and Downstairs in a large older house in the New Hampshire mountains - They are both controlled with Honeywell dial Thermostats and the controller on the Furnace is a Honeywell unit-
Could I replace one thermostat with a Electronic programable unit and leave the other as a dial thermostat? I have tenents upstairs who consider 72' "cool" and they have found running the Temperature up on the upstairs thermostat for a minute will kick on the Furnace, circulator pumps- I figure the electronic thermostat will be harder to tamper with as they have found using a paperclip they can circumvent the guard on the Dial thermostat - Alas in the process of them tampering with the thermostat they heat the other tenents out of their apartments- It isn't a matter of me being cruel and freezing these people, They just want to live subtropical in New Hampshire.

Thanks

Old 01-24-07, 03:41 PM
F
Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts
Yes, you could install an electronic programmable thermostat but if you have multiple apartments with only one thermostat it would be better to rezone the system into single zones for each apartment.

Another option would be to install a remote sensor thermostat where the sensor will replace the existing thermostat and the actual control could be placed in a separate part of the building, like your apartment.

Old 01-24-07, 10:15 PM
A
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Furd

I have been reading through past threads and think the remote sensor and thermostat relocate may be the way to go, I live offsite so I think I will mount the thermostat in a locked closet I use for storage.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: