Goodman Limit Switch Keeps Going Off

Old 01-24-07, 10:21 AM
A
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Goodman Limit Switch Keeps Going Off

Hello everyone - thank you for all the great information I have found here! Now I find myself in a little bit of a pickle....

I have a Goodman AC/Heater located on my rooftop. It is 4 years old. It's been working great up until recently when the flame roll out switch went off. I replaced the switch but find that it still sporatically goes off. Just to determine whether it was the roll out switch itself being bad, I moved the switch away from the burners and reset it. The heater worked great for about a week, but the switch has gone off again (this is after I moved it away from the burners). I don't believe it is getting hot enough to trip the switch considering I moved it. I am going to replace the switch again but in the meantime, are there any ideas on what can be making the switch go off sporadically?

Thank you so much for your thoughts on this!

-Alex

Last edited by Alexo; 01-24-07 at 10:35 AM.
Old 01-24-07, 12:56 PM
J
I would not move the location of a flame roll-out switch. Please put it back where it belongs!

I would check the flue to make sure it's clear. If it is, then my concern would be a cracked heat exchanger. Do you see any change in the flame pattern when the blower starts up?

Old 01-24-07, 07:11 PM
A
No question that's good advice and I did place the rollout switch back. I believe your assessment is correct in it being the heat exchange though since I do see the burner flames disturbed quite a bit when the blower goes on. Will be calling a professional repair outfit tomorrow. Although they won't reimburse labor, the unit has a 5 year limited warranty on parts and it was purchased in 04/2003 so at least the parts are covered. Thanks for the tip on checking the burners. The rollout was pretty obvious when I looked at it at night.

-Alex

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: