HELP! Gibson Furnace

Old 02-05-07, 08:52 AM
J
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP! Gibson Furnace

I have a Gibson furnace that was installed new the day after Thansgiving, 2005. Tghe day it was installed, it took several hours to get it to ignite. Finally, the tech got it to go after replacing the igniter and the gas valve. Now, I have the same issue, it is flashing a 4 code (continuity). I have checked the wiring and the ground is sufficient all the way to the breaker box. It has been igniting after several attempts of turning it off and on, but with the temp at -15 F, I am fearing that it may eventually not start.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Old 02-05-07, 09:22 AM
G
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There is probably a list of codes inside the furnace door. See what a code 4 means. Observe the furnace when it tries to start. Does the ignitor glow or spark; do the burners light for a few sconds and go out. If the latter is the case, remove the flame sensor and give it a few lengthwise wipes with 0000 (very fine) steel wool. then replace and restart furnace.

Old 02-05-07, 09:36 AM
J
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP- Gibson Furnace

Yes, the ignitor glows, and I can hear the gas valve open. But it does not ignite the burner every time. It flashes four times, then repeats. The label says 4 flashes is continuity.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: