blower keeps running

Old 02-05-07, 08:30 PM
J
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blower keeps running

I have a dual zone gas system. The system in the attic has had an intermitent problem where the blower does not turn off after a Heat cycle. I continues to run (even when I switch from "Heat" to 'Off") and the heating cycle does not kick in again. The only way to stop the blower is to turn off the circuit at the fuse box.
It's a York P2MP direct ignition horizontal system that has worked fine this winter until now. I changed batteries in the Thermostat when I first noticed the problem and it worked fine for a couple days. I pulled out the return filters and they are clean.
Any tips/suggestions are appreciated. I will be going up into the attic in the morning with a voltmeter and will also check the flue.
Judas

Old 02-05-07, 09:02 PM
J
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Updated....
30 minutes after posting the thread I went back upstairs - the heat was on and the blower turned off when it got to temp.

I had pulled the filters out of the returns about 45 minutes before I had posted my first message. They looked clean, but could this have triggered the system back into normal operating mode?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: