Furnace ID

Old 02-09-07, 10:11 AM
C
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Furnace ID

Im trying to figure out the brand of my furnace. The sticker inside just says inter-city products corp.Model NUOD084BFA1. It is a 105,000 btu oil fired hot air furnace with a beckett burner, around 10 years old. It has all sorts of made in canada and canada related safety stickers on it. The spot on the outside cover where the plastic emblem would go, there are just 3 holes, like the emblem was never put on, or removed. I thought it might be a goodman but its gray in color, not brown. Any idea what this might be? Maybe a Heil?

Old 02-09-07, 11:49 AM
B
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?t=127867

Old 02-09-07, 01:06 PM
C
Thanks. I had seen that so I put the reference to heil at the end. When I googled that number I got a lot of different things basically saying that that number was the model of a few different brands. Probably the same unit sold under different names. I was just wondering what brand name the gray ones were. I guess heil then. Thanks.

Old 02-09-07, 05:44 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
Furnace Model

That funace could be Heil, Tempstar, or Kenmore. All 3 are identical except for the sticker the installer applies. If you post a serial number, I can tell you when it was made but I believe it is over 10 years old.

Old 02-10-07, 05:04 AM
S
hello forum members

laywoman here looking for ideas ... hence my username ... i am a sorry excuse for furnace repair

the housing on my prepurge fan has rusted out and has now cracked ... as it is the housing that is used to support the fan and motor, the prepurge was not working until i propped it up with a wedge of wood... so ... i need to replace this housing ...

now is the really funny ... almost hysterical part ... my furnace is an outside packaged system ... it was here when i bought the house in 1998 ... the stickers that were on the casing have either been faded or blown off with the weather ... the only remaining stickers that are readable say Armstrong Air Conditioner ... no other information ... and nothing inside the compartment where the prepurge fan is located ...

i am in the process of trying to determine the make and model of this furnace so that i can look for replacement parts ...

am i right to presume this is a Lennox Furnace .... if so, do you have any ideas for me to try to determine the model

Old 02-10-07, 12:54 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
Armstrong Gas Pack

I don't remember when Lennox bought Armstrong but I suspect your furnace was made before that. Parts may or may not be available. Gas packs do not have a long life expectancy. You should probably call a local Armstrong dealer who might be familiar with your equipment.

Old 02-11-07, 05:30 AM
S
Smile

Lennox bought Armstrong in 1927 ... i hope that my furnace isn,t that old!

... so far the fan is co-operating and hopefully it will hold out until local businesses open on monday morning ... thank you for your response Grady

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: