forced air coleman mobile home furnace backfireing need help asap!!!

Old 02-11-07, 03:23 PM
J
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
forced air coleman mobile home furnace backfireing need help asap!!!

hi
i just replaced my nossle on my coleman furnace in my garage its a mobile home forced air running on diesel (model 8866-701). I think before i replaced the nossle i reset the safty button too many times and flooded the furnace as now i turn it on and it shakes like crazy and makes poping sounds so i turn it off I also seen a puff of smoke come out the flapper hole and once a backfire?? what should I do.....

Old 02-11-07, 03:43 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
It's been 15 minutes. What's up NOW? I'd turn off the electric to the unit and turn off the fuel oil line valve and stand vigilante with a fire extinguisher. It should burn itself out. It can rumble and be scary though.

Old 02-11-07, 04:30 PM
Mobile home furnaces tend to bang when they load up. I've had Miller furnaces blow off the chimney cap. It'll rumble & smoke for a few minutes, but unless there is another problem, it should clear up & be ok.
Let us know what happens.

Old 02-12-07, 08:22 AM
J
thanks yah thats what happened it eventualy kept slowly burning inside off the unused fuel then later i tryed it again then turned it off then it burned off the rest of the fuel then next time i started it it was fine.....its working now seems like it supposed to...but cheack out my new thread. thanks guy you were a big help!!!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: