Thermo ?? Cycling too frequently

Old 02-17-07, 06:30 AM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thermo ?? Cycling too frequently

Help!!
I have electric heat with a Honeywell CT3200A1001(1) 0544 PF1B Thermostat

My problem is that it will heat up the house but when it turns off it seems to turn on again almost instantly. I have been to the honeywell website and it has not been helpful.

I am in Dallas, Tx

Energy bills have been through the roof and Im guessing this is why. I just recently had new attic insulation installed.

Is there a way to adjust this setting on this model. I would like the room temp to come down 2-3 degrees before it activates heat. Thanks for any input.

Old 02-17-07, 07:28 AM
C
Is the switch on the back set to E on the thermostat? I have the same unit and I know it is set to F by factory default. For electric heat it needs to be set at E.

Old 02-17-07, 10:49 AM
E= turns on the equipment fan right away for heat.
F= lets the equipement turn the fan, not t-stat.

You may see system type screw/dipswitch on the back, you can change it over to standard heating vs the electric.. The elelctric setting makes the equipement cycle on and off often, where standard will run longer, less cycle on and off.

Electric heat are always expensive. Should look into heat pump.

What temp settings are you using?

Old 02-17-07, 11:56 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I don't think though that just because your system cycles more frequently that you are really going to be losing that much money on the energy cost (at least in the fuel department). If you have the stat set at and it maintains let's say 72, the heat coming out will maintain that and will require a given volume of /fuelheat to do so....either longer running swings of heat if yours had the 3 minute swing or less fuel required, but more often, for the lesser duration time swing. Probably a near wash.

A person doesn't want all this unnecesary short cycling going on though because it causes more wear and tear on relays and motors, and more cost as motors consume more electric upon start up.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: