Tempstar clicking sound

Old 03-03-07, 08:21 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Tempstar clicking sound

My draft inducer was making a high pitch noise so I replaced it. The furnace was quiet for 2 days, but now I have a clicking sound. Its not click after click it has a pause then it makes the sound. Everything seems to be working fine the draft fan starts then soon after the igniter lights up. The burners start etc. The click is very loud and annoying. Almost sounds like a relay contacting. Anyway any suggestions would be very appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-07, 09:56 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 19 Votes on 17 Posts
Clicking Sound

If the burners stay on, the only thing I can think of heat expansion of the furnace metal.

Old 03-04-07, 12:31 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
You should be able to find such a loud click. It almost sounds like the sequencer. I had one recently doing that but in my case the draft inducer was not running. But who knows, it still does sound like a possible sequencer (relay contactor) that has some weakness and engages and releases. You should be able to access compartments and touch things with your finger tip to feel if a certain "box" is doing the clicking. Feel any black plastic box, the ignition control board and also the gas valve. Just do not touch wires and only use one finfgertip without holding onto the furnace with your other hand.

Old 03-04-07, 03:14 PM
T
It is a Tempstar model NTC6075FBA1 Gas. The weird thing is it seems to be working just fine. The only thing I noticed that was different with the old inducer and new was the old one had a steel housing and this one is aluminium. I tried to place my hand on certain things in there to feel if it is clicking, but I have a fear of getting shocked. The loud click is just annoying.

Old 03-04-07, 03:28 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Fair enough. I'm not going to get you to do something you have no knowledge of and have fear of. Maybe if you got nerve to perhaps use a dry wooden spoon?