Goodman vs Trane or Rheem

Old 03-05-07, 09:19 AM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Goodman vs Trane or Rheem

I need to replace my current gas furnace and am looking at Trane XV90, Rheem Premier and Goodman GMV95 furnaces. The Goodman price and warranty are better than either the Rheem or Trane, but, "Consumer Report" didn't rate the Goodman very well in their 2005 evaluations.

Can anyone shed some light on their experiences?

Thanks,

Old 03-05-07, 09:52 AM
D
Goodmn vs Trane or Rheem

Is there a rating for Ruud, I know they are tops in Heat Pumps and Air Handlers.

Old 03-05-07, 06:19 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 39 Upvotes on 37 Posts
New Furnace

A lot more goes into replacing a furnace than brand. The first thing is sizing the furnace to match the heat loss of the house. This is done with a "Manual J" calculation. Next is to match the ductwork to the furnace. Any furnace with too much capacity for the ducts will not last as long as it should. The cheapest furnace, properly installed will out perform & outlast the "best" furnace poorly installed.

Old 03-07-07, 01:17 PM
Trane V.S. Others

My years of being in the trade and a Trane dealer will tell you that Trane is the best bar none! However the two other products are most commonly more affordable upfront. The Trane units can have a 10 year warranty (factory) with no deductable and come with great warranties. I'm not sure of the other manufacture warranties but I think they should play a part of any purchasing decision. The other thing that should be HUGE is who is doing the installation and their reputation. Check with your BBB and get referances.

Old 03-07-07, 01:33 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

Be sure and get 3 bids for the job The guy that has been there for a long long time is the best one to go with . He will be there to back it up.
Out of the box here .But Id put Trane at the top and Goodman on the bottom of any list

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: