incorrect pilot flame pattern

Old 04-08-07, 06:57 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
incorrect pilot flame pattern

I have a unvented propane wall heater. We used throughout the winter and it worked perfect. We had to use it the past few days because it has turned off very cold. We had the heater on one night and we dozed off and when I woke up the heater was completely shut down.

I had trouble relighting the heater, so I left it off. The next night I got the pilot to stay lit, but it shut off within a few minutes. I noticed that the flame was not touching the thermocouple like it needs to. A few years ago a propane service man told me to get a straw and blow into the end of the pilot when the flame comes out. I tried this and it didn't help.

Is there any thing else I can try? or should I wait till the fall and let a service man from my propane gas supplier come out and check the heater?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-07, 07:20 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 23 Votes on 21 Posts
Unvented Heater

Let the service person work on it. If he/she is at all concerned about your safety & health, you will be advised not to use this heater at all. They have been outlawed in several states & hopefully will soon be banned from manufacture & sale.