wiring furnace & condensate pump

Old 06-25-07, 11:47 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
wiring furnace & condensate pump

Hello all, I am having a new furnace installed, and will require a pump for the condensate. I have a dedicated power circuit for the furnace, would it make sense to put the condensate pump on the same circuit, or wire it into the general outlet circuit?

Thanks for the help.

Greg

Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-07, 12:19 PM
Received 33 Votes on 25 Posts
I think it makes sense to put it on the furnace circuit. Use a simplex (one outlet only) receptacle for this.

Old 06-25-07, 08:06 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
Recepticle

When I install a furnace, I mount a 4x4 box on the side of the furnace & in it put a switch for the service person's use to kill the power to the furnace, & a duplex recepticle on the "hot" side of the switch. One of the recepticles can be used for the condensate pump & the other for a drop light, vacuum cleaner, or whatever the service person may need.

When wiring this box & the furnace, power should go from the breaker, thru the emergency switch, then to this 4x4 box. The emergency switch should be located at the top of the basement stairs or some place where one would not have to approach the furnace to turn off the power in an emergency.