How tall FAU Flue

Old 08-12-07, 04:58 AM
N
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
How tall FAU Flue

Hi

I have a FAU installed in my 2-story attic. The unit is upright and the length of the exhaust pipe to the roof line is 3 1/2 feet. The leght of the exhast pipe above the tile was 2 feet. Now the roofer has replaced the old externalpiece (2 footer) with just a "T" which is more or less couple of inches above the roof tile. Is this a problem?

Thanks
Neil

Old 08-12-07, 02:24 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
Vent pipe

The vent should terminate 2 feet above the roof. Is this some kind of metal liner inside a masonry chimney?

Old 08-13-07, 07:28 AM
N
Hi Grady

Thanks for the reply. No this not a liner inside a masonary chimney. It is just metal. As I mentioned in my original post, the roofer placed a "T" just few inches above the roof tile and you mentioned two foot above roof line. Please confirm? also, should it be double lined?

Thanks

Neil

Old 08-13-07, 09:33 AM
N
Hi Grady

Thanks for the reply. No this not a liner inside a masonary chimney. It is just metal flue. As I mentioned in my original post, the roofer placed a "T" flashing just few inches above the roof tile and you mentioned the need to be two feet above roof line even though this is just a flue for a gas unit sitting in the attic three feet below the roof. Please confirm?

Thanks

Neil

Old 08-13-07, 06:09 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
Chimney

I believe all vents need to be at least two feet above the roof line. Check your local codes & the manufacturer's installation manual for the furnace.

Old 08-13-07, 06:59 PM
Where is this "T" ?

Are you able to post us a picture of what you got?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: