Reznor F75 natural gas heater

Old 09-20-07, 05:06 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Reznor F75 natural gas heater

I have been unable to get my garage heater going despite having two yahoos ($150) come and look at it. I have replaced the gas valve ($100) and the thermocoupler and pilot assembly ($30) I can keep the pilot lit but it will not kick in. what am I missing? I have also placed a new regulator on it ($40). The two wires that go to the thermostat are wired together so it should fire right up. Help me before I pull out the remaining hair on my bald head!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-07, 09:38 PM
F
Received 34 Votes on 26 Posts
There are several possibilities. Wanna send me a round-trip airline ticket and have me come out and troubleshoot it? I haven't worked on anything like that for close to thirty years but I'm pretty sure that with a few hours and maybe some new parts I could get it going.

Seriously, tell us everything that you know about your unit and what the two "yahoos" did and maybe someone here can offer a few suggestions.

Old 09-21-07, 03:24 AM
R
reznor

the first guy said the gas was coming out too fast and put a regulator on it. He also sugested that I replace the thermocoupler and pilot assembly. I did that. The second guy said that the gas valve was bad so I replaced that. This thing still will not fire. I am able to light the pilot and it stays lit, but will not ignite the rest of the burners and start the blower fan.

Old 09-21-07, 10:34 AM
F
Received 34 Votes on 26 Posts
Do you have an instruction or installation manual for this unit?

Does this furnace have a blower in it? Is it a conventional forced air furnace or is it a wall furnace? Does it use a 24 volt control circuit or does it use a millivolt control?

Can you post some pictures? Close ups of the wiring and control systems would help.

Old 09-21-07, 11:09 AM
D
Originally Posted by rootercycles View Post
the first guy said the gas was coming out too fast and put a regulator on it. He also sugested that I replace the thermocoupler and pilot assembly. I did that. The second guy said that the gas valve was bad so I replaced that. This thing still will not fire. I am able to light the pilot and it stays lit, but will not ignite the rest of the burners and start the blower fan.
Did you download the manual from Reznor like I suggested in the last thread? You're going to need the schematc and a voltmeter to see where the circuit to the gas valve is open.

Old 09-24-07, 08:22 PM
M
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
I'm confused. You had two techs look at your furnace and gave you a diagnosis and they didn't replace the parts? You did?