Heater Q?

Old 09-22-07, 02:15 PM
G
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Question Heater Q?

Hello all,

I'm not much of a handyman at all...so I need some guidance from you before calling the HVAC tech.

A couple weeks, I got my condensor of the central AC unit replaced. The AC's been working fine since then.

But there's a new problem that arose:

The Fan is blowing air alright (when i switch it on).
- but the heater just doesn't start. I've tried changing the thermostat setting - and i can see that the thermostat's attempting to get the heating started (coz the temperature displays starts blinking).

But the heater doesn't come on. The fan doesn't start and of-course the furnace isn't working at all. it was all working just fine until about 10 days ago.

What should i look for?

Thanks!
-g

Old 09-22-07, 02:24 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gyagya View Post
Hello all,

I'm not much of a handyman at all...so I need some guidance from you before calling the HVAC tech.

A couple weeks, I got my condensor of the central AC unit replaced. The AC's been working fine since then.

But there's a new problem that arose:

The Fan is blowing air alright (when i switch it on).
- but the heater just doesn't start. I've tried changing the thermostat setting - and i can see that the thermostat's attempting to get the heating started (coz the temperature displays starts blinking).

But the heater doesn't come on. The fan doesn't start and of-course the furnace isn't working at all. it was all working just fine until about 10 days ago.

What should i look for?

Thanks!
-g
it hasn't worked since the a/c repair? Call them back, they probably inadvertantly did some thing to the the wiring.

Old 09-22-07, 05:00 PM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Unless you have breaker that went off or a furnace switch got shut off, you really need to be handy enough to own and know how to use a multimeter tester (you can get cheap from $10 on up at big box stores), because without one of these you can't do too much in diagnosing, really.

Old 09-23-07, 05:52 AM
I am with Daddyjohn, They may of bumped a wire off or somthing when you had the new A/C put in.. I'd call them on Monday to get that taken cared of before winter sets in.

Old 09-23-07, 11:36 PM
G
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Standing Pilot switched off!

Thanks for your feedback guys! After reading up on the Web, i realized that the Standing Pilot (Flame) had been turned off, during the A/C work - dunno for what reason.

I got that going again, with a BBQ lighter, and i'm now all set!

Thanks again!

-G

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: