Moffat J-Line problems

Old 09-26-07, 05:45 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Moffat J-Line problems

Hi, I am new to this forum and was wondering if anyone could help me figure out a problem I have with my furnace. It is an older Moffat J-line gas forced air furnace, and the problem is that the furnace fan does not shut off when the furnace has cooled down. It runs continuously. I have had some success by giving the furnace a whack on the outside cowling out of sheer frustration, but the problem always comes back. The summer fan switch is set to off. Any help would be appreciated to rectify this problem.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-07, 06:08 PM
S
I am new to this forum and was wondering if anyone could help me figure out a problem I have with my furnace. It is an older Moffat J-line gas forced air furnace, and the problem is that the furnace fan does not shut off when the furnace has cooled down. It runs continuously. I have had some success by giving the furnace a whack on the outside cowling out of sheer frustration, but the problem always comes back.

Never heard of a Moffat J-line, but it sounds like you have a fan/limit control that's out of calibration or bad. You can try and adjust the control, but it might be best to replace the control. The control has several types of shapes and sizes so if you can post a picture of the furnace we can give a more detailed instructions.

Old 09-26-07, 10:13 PM
R
Moffat J-Line pics

Not sure how to post a picture on here.

Old 09-27-07, 08:51 AM
Wink

Check and see if you have a wire schematic on the blower door. If you dont find a control like said. That you can set . You might Look for a round klixon fan control. They go bad and you have to put a new one in then. Some times if you have a pilot that is on all the time. This will keep the blower on when it still like warm out.

Old 09-27-07, 03:37 PM
D
Originally Posted by Ed Imeduc View Post
Check and see if you have a wire schematic on the blower door. If you dont find a control like said. That you can set . You might Look for a round klixon fan control. They go bad and you have to put a new one in then. Some times if you have a pilot that is on all the time. This will keep the blower on when it still like warm out.
look at the control itself and see if you can find a brand name [like Honeywell or Cam Stat] and also a model or part #. If the control has 3 or 4 wires it's probably a combination fan and limit control. easy to replace and not too expensive. if it's type that inserts the sensing element into a hole in the furnace, be sure the sensing element on the new one is the same length [HW L4064B controls come in 5, 8 or 11 inch models, about $52 at arnold's hvac parts online]. let us know what you find.

Old 09-27-07, 09:53 PM
R
J-line probs.

Thanks for the info. Youve been a great help. I'll let you know whats what.