Heil 9mpd not starting up

Old 10-14-07, 07:21 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Heil 9mpd not starting up

Hi, I have a 2 yr old heil 9mpd gas furnace and it's not starting up for heat, been working all summer on cool. the Honeywell smart valve is just blinking that heartbeat at me like it's not getting the messaage to start. I've done the following just based on the owners manual, thermostat calls for heat 24V at fan control board W, the pressure sensor on blower motor is open, there is 115v in for fan motor into honeywell valve, of course nothing coming out. what i can't find is which of the other connections from fan control board to gas valve is the command to start, none seem to have any voltage? can anyone help verify it is the control board, or other troubleshooting steps, before i pull it to look over solder joints, thanks for helping out,
Rob

Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-07, 11:09 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Schecht View Post
Hi, I have a 2 yr old heil 9mpd gas furnace and it's not starting up for heat, been working all summer on cool. the Honeywell smart valve is just blinking that heartbeat at me like it's not getting the messaage to start. I've done the following just based on the owners manual, thermostat calls for heat 24V at fan control board W, the pressure sensor on blower motor is open, there is 115v in for fan motor into honeywell valve, of course nothing coming out. what i can't find is which of the other connections from fan control board to gas valve is the command to start, none seem to have any voltage? can anyone help verify it is the control board, or other troubleshooting steps, before i pull it to look over solder joints, thanks for helping out,
Rob
There is a little slide switch on top of the valve. Is it in the on position? How are the connector plugs? Tight? No corrosion inside?